The Psychological, Emotional and Physical Impact of Virtual Fatigue (3 CPD)
In order to understand this new fatigue that may tax the more than 300 million daily participants of Zoom and other virtual technologies, this course has been created based on the most up to date research available to support & help others support.
This Course Includes
- Course Instructor The Wellness Specialist Life Academy
In an effort to understand this new fatigue that may tax the more than 300 million daily participants of Zoom and other virtual technologies, this course has been created based on research, evidence and experiences of people just like you - individuals, practitioners, facilitators, trainers, work from home moms and everyone in between. By creating information and training around its existence we are better able to prevent, identify and support each other, and ourselves through its impact. It is real and has already affected people of all ages, and from all walks of life. Prepare to learn practical techniques to overcome the emotional, psychological and physical signs of Virtual Fatigue
WHO SHOULD DO THE COURSE?
Started to dread the start of the next video or audio call?
Do you start to feel an irritated or painful sensation in your eyes after you’re done with a virtual meeting, or before the end of it?
Experienced any of the below:
Headaches and migraines
Eye irritation and pain
Blurred and double vision
Excessive tearing and blinking
Joint pain and back or neck pain
Have trouble “re-adjusting” to family life after working virtually all day?
Interested in understanding the impact of the changing Way We Work?
Interested in knowing how to prevent Virtual Fatigue for ourselves and others?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, this course is for you!
What you’ll learn
- Abnormal Eye Gaze (Stanford Research)
- Cognitive Load
- How do we combat virtual fatigue?
- How to facilitate meetings ethically to minimize impact
- Loss of sanctity
- POMDORO Technique
- The Day Long Mirror Effect
- WHAT IS VIRTUAL FATIGUE?
Here is exactly what we cover in this course:
What will we cover?
WHAT IS VIRTUAL FATIGUE?
WHAT CAUSES VIRTUAL FATIGUE?
Abnormal Eye Gaze (Stanford Research)
The Day Long Mirror Effect
Loss of sanctity
3) HOW TO COMBAT VIRTUAL FATIGUE
4) HOW TO FACILITATE MEETINGS ETHICALLY TO MINIMISE IMPACT
Transparency of expectations
People Centric Approach
Welcome to the Course
- Meet your Trainer
- Before we begin...
- Introduction to Virtual Fatigue
Course of Virtual Fatigue - The Abnormal Gaze
- The Stanford Study
- Is Virtual Fatigue Real?
Causes of Virtual Fatigue - The Abnormal Gaze
- Elevator Effect
- Impact of Abnormal Eye Gaze
- Grid/Gallery Views and the Abnormal Rate of Staring
Causes of Virtual Fatigue - Cognitive Loading
- What is Cognitive Load?
- Spotlight Effect
Causes of Virtual Fatigue - All Day Mirror Effect
- All Day Mirror Effect
Virtual Fatigue - Ways to mitigate effect
- Blinking Exercises
- Reduce Virtual Fatigue while in a Meeting
- Combating Virtual Fatigue
Virtual Fatigue - Impact on Children
- Virtual Fatigue and Children
Virtual Fatigue - Prevention
- Prevention of Virtual Fatigue as a Host
Virtual Fatigue - Sleep
- Sleep Deprived Brain
Virtual Fatigue - Final Thoughts
- Final Thoughts
- What is cognitive load PDF?
- Pomodoro Effect Image
- Minimising Effect of VF During. a Meeting PDF
- Importance of Creating Spaces that Serve Purpose
Resources for Parents & Caregivers
- VF in Children - DIY Activity to assist with Virtual Fatigue in Children
- VF in Children - Suggested Screen TIme Limits for Kids
- VF in Children - Earning Screentime as a reward
How to receive your customised certificate and join the TWS Community!
- Join the global community of TWS Practitioners!
- Welcome to the Course
Select Booking Slot
Select one of the available booking slots to continue your enrollment